Content marketing is a specific type of marketing that involves the creation of material that is shared online. The term is broad however, as content can mean anything from a video to a blog or even a social media post. This leads us to the question, why is content marketing important? Content marketing does not always explicitly promote a brand but the purpose of it is to build an interest amongst the target audience for a particular product or service.
5 reasons why is content marketing important in Shopify:
It makes your business more visible
- Quality content that is optimised for SEO is more likely to rank higher in organic search results.
- This is a great way to reach your target audience by being more visible.
- Content marketing on social media helps your brand to become even more visible. This is because you can reach new potential customers through the use of keywords and hashtags. Furthermore social media has the added ‘share’ feature. This means if your content is interesting or useful, viewers may share it which can further increase brand awareness.
It creates traction
- Every year the amount of content distributed online increases. This makes it increasingly difficult for a brand to stand out from the crowd. Good content requires meticulous planning, ahead of time, designed to resonate with a specific audience.
- Content should be posted on a regular basis to keep the audience engaged.
- Over time, producing and publishing quality content will help to build traction for your brand, products or services so it is definitely worth considering it within your marketing strategy.
It can position you as an authority figure in the industry
- This promotes trust and credibility of your brand amongst consumers.
- It can make search engines view your site as authoritative. This can increase your chances of ranking highly in search engine results.
It is cost effective
- Content marketing is important because it is a cost effective method that often produces better results than more traditional marketing tactics. Also, traditional methods actually cost a lot more.
- There are a variety of reasons why content marketing is cost effective, firstly because it is free to publish content on your site and social media. Furthermore, good quality content can continue to drive traffic to your website and increase awareness of your brand for a long time after it is distributed. Unlike paid advertising you do not have to pay for clicks on organic search results either.
- Lastly, content marketing is cost effective because you can easily repurpose content to be published across a variety of platforms enabling you to reach an even larger audience.
It can improve conversions
- In the world of digital marketing, conversion rates are a vital component when it comes to success. This is because conversion rates are based on targets and meeting or not meeting these targets is generally a great indicator of your performance.
- A conversion can be defined as the point at which a recipient of a marketing message performs a desired action.
What are some examples of content marketing?
We hope we have answered the question ‘why is content marketing important in Shopify’. As discussed- it is an essential strategy that can be incredibly effective when done the right way. There are a variety of methods of content marketing including blog posts, infographics, videos, case studies and more. In this section we cover examples of content marketing for Shopify.
Blog posts are the foundation of content marketing. They provide a range of benefits including increased engagement and brand awareness whilst conveying the expertise of your brand. However, it is important to consider that without effective SEO, your blog posts may never even get seen by the intended audience.
SEO is the practise of organically increasing the visibility of your site on search engines to drive high quality traffic. It is the most important factor in boosting the ranking of your website on search engine results pages. Ultimately, we suggest using blog posts to target specific keywords that have a high search volume, this increases the probability of reaching large numbers of your target audience.
Another effective approach to content marketing is social media. This method itself has a variety of layers and can be used in many different ways. A simple way in which you can effectively utilise social media for content marketing is to share your blog posts across platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. This not only boosts brand awareness, it is also a great way to drive qualified traffic to your website which will further assist in SEO and also conversion rates.
The main concern with social media is that with so much content being pumped out constantly, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd and make your brand seen and heard. When it comes to fashion retailers, many of them can be seen to be sharing very similar posts to each other which can become boring and uninspiring to their followers. This is why it is important to plan content in advance rather than making irrelevant posts for the sake of it that will not resonate with the target audience.
Content doesn’t always have to be how to guide and articles, you can also use case studies as a way to demonstrate your businesses expertise. This is a great way to provide prospective clients with examples of what your business has to offer. In turn this will give prospects a better understanding of what your brand does and how it does it.
Another content idea that can help you to stand out against competitors is through the use of testimonials and reviews. Not only is it a great way to create new and unique content, it is also cheap and gives your customers a voice. Significantly, testimonials and reviews can portray your brand in a positive light by increasing the trustworthiness and credibility of your business and the products or services that you offer.
Does all of this sound like something you want to do? Don’t know where to start? Get in touch. We are offering a free Shopify Partner consultation where you can find out how we can help skyrocket your store.