No matter how big or small your business is, when it comes to choosing the right hosting platform, it can be hard to know which is right for your business. As a digital marketing agency, we understand the importance of using a platform that integrates SEO. In this article we compare two of the leading platforms; Wix VS Shopify SEO.
Wix vs Shopify SEO: ease of use
Wix is easy to use for people with no experience in developing websites, who may feel intimidated by complicated interfaces and coding requirements. Wix is the perfect place to provide you with useful templates, add-ons, and an easy-to-use drag and drop editor. Ensuring your website still looks professional, but without needing much design experience.
Wix vs Shopify SEO: pricing
Both Wix and Shopify offer a free 14-day trial to all their customers, so if you are not sure which one is best suited to you, then you can try both. Both do not charge any setup fees for your first online store.
With Wix pricing, they offer a discount if you set up a yearly plan. However, if you choose to do this you are stuck in your contact with them for a year. You are not able to set up an online store unless you pay for the $17 or $25 VIP plan, as the cheaper plans don’t offer this feature to you.
If you chose the light plan with Shopify this will only cost you $9 a month, the basic plan wi;l; coz you $29 per month. The Shopify basic plan for $29 a month is perfect for those just getting started. With Shopify having more templates to choose from some would say this site is more worth paying for than Wix.
- Extra guidance provided for customers in need of support
- An extensive range of different payment options
- A wide range of eCommerce features, such as abandoned cart recovery
- Very easy to use, with a clear interface
- Optimised for SEO
- Provides a lot of knowledge, with a lot of community support
- Provides you with lots of different pools such as integrations with social media and dropshipping tools
- Can be expensive
- Having premium features, themes and extras can add up in price
- Easy for beginners to navigate their way around
- An extensive range of templates to choose from
- Appealing checkout experience
- Excellent customer support
- Not enough for a large business, more suited to smaller businesses
- There isn’t a tremendous amount of extensibility
Wix vs Shopify SEO: summary
Overall both e-commerce plans have their strengths and weaknesses. However, some would recommend Shopify over Wix due to it having been around a lot longer, as well as being focused directly on helping online stores. Shopify offers better themes and templates, with it being simpler to use for any beginners or first-time developers to make a professional site.