Having a digital strategy is essential for organisations looking to transform their business and improve profitability from digital marketing. It is an element that is often understood or neglected by digital marketers.
We often encounter organisations with no digital strategy. This means they have no plan. They don’t have a way to measure success or evaluate growth. Although businesses like this can be fast-paced and quick to adapt to changing trends they are often chaotic and miss opportunities to coordinate activity.
At the other extreme we meet business owners who worry too much about their digital strategy. They put all digital innovation on hold until they have a digital strategy in-place, often losing out on years of regular improvement and iterative change. The resulting strategy is often too generic and not executable.
Our team of digital experts have worked with hundreds of high-profile organisations to devise a digital strategy that will map-out their future growth. Please contact us to find out how we can assist you with your digital strategy and goals.
What are the elements of an effective digital strategy?
An effective digital strategy will have 5 characteristics that make it a meaningful plan for the entire business.
- SMART: It should have SMART objectives and regular goals to track the effectiveness of the activity. Without regular goals to achieve it is impossible to measure progress and evaluate success.
- Actionable: It should blend high level strategic goals with a roadmap of tactical tasks and innovations. This is the formula that has made the likes of Google, Amazon and eBay successful.
- Simple: The plan should be understood by every stakeholder in your organisation. It needs to galvanise everyone behind a single plan. The easier it is to understand then the more effective it will be.
- Dynamic: The pace of digital change is unprecedented. Audiences are quick to adopt new devices, new business models and change their behaviour in line with changing digital trends. A successful plan needs to be dynamic so that it can be quickly adapted to meet changes in audience behaviour or to counter competitive activity.
- Regularly updated: A digital plan that outlines strategy for more than 3 years is likely to be wildly inaccurate. This means that the plan should be regularly updated, at least every six months, to stay ahead of emerging trends and to take competitor activity in to account.
We can assist you with the development of an effective digital plan that will deliver growth for any organisation. It can provide an easy to follow plan for future digital innovation, galvanise your organisation behind common goals and be executable by agency partners or in-house team members. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more or to discuss your requirements.